Quite often you read about companies or shops doing ‘good’ and ‘bad’ things, like recycling materials or using sweatshops. It’s quite hard to keep track of this. So for myself I decided to make a list of products I care about and what I learn about the companies that sell them. It’s a personal list that will never be complete, but that’s not the goal.
- Other lists and organisations that help determining good and bad things about companies
- Fair Wear Foundation
- Bad or questionable raw materials
- Angora wool. Often plucked in a violent way from live rabbits (source: Tros TV Kassa, 2013/11/25)
- Sheep wool is sometimes bad, e.g. when mulesing is involved.
- Fur. Fur animals are bred only for their skin, which is worse than leather. Fur can be imitated quite succesfully using synthetic materials
- Silk. Silkworms are boiled alive
Leave a Reply